Old December 19th 03, 04:19 PM
Matt Wiser

"weary" wrote:

"Matt Wiser" wrote
in message
news:3fdb5db4$1@bg2....

"Sunny" wrote:

"Polybus"

wrote
in message
. com...
Peter Kuznick,
Professor of History and Director, Nuclear
Studies Institute, American
University

Kevin Martin
Executive Director, Peace Action

Daniel Ellsberg
Author, Secrets: A Memoir of Vietnam and

The
Pentagon Papers

Questions :
1. Do the three retards listed above,

condone
the cross posting to the
groups listed ?
2. Does Peter Kuznick really study History
(or only his version of it)?
3. Do any of the three realise that there
was a World War on at the
time?
4. What would you have suggested, at

the
time, as the means to subdue a
fanatical enemy, that had proved to demonstrate
acts of barbarism that are
still wondered at?

They all seem to think that if we had talked

nicely to the Japanese,
they
would have surrendered. Not bloody likely.

There was a war on, a major
invasion
planned of Kyushu in November, and ANY MEANS

to prevent the bloodbath of
American, British, and yes, Japanese lives

and END THE WAR ASAP is a
viable
option. If that means incinerating two, three,

or however many Japanese
Cities
by the bombs carried by the 509th's B-29s,

so be it.

Do you think Saddam Hussein had the same right
to use WMD to save the
lives of Iraqi servicemen while fighting Iran
and internal rebellion?
Did Al-Qaeda have the same right to deliberately
target civilians in their
war with the USA, specifically WTC?

Absolutely not. The rules of war, written or othewise, have changed. Saddam's
use of WMD was in violation of the 1925 CBW Treaty, which Iraq had signed.

As for Al-Queda, that was an act of terrorism and war, and anyone who committs
such acts deserves death. No mercy, no quarter, no questions asked. Comparing
Hiroshima/Nagasaki to 9/11 is like apples and oranges. I had a grandfather
who would've been in Kyushu for the invasion-his unit was heading from England
thru Suez to Australia, then up to the Marianas and Okinawa to Japan. They
had just gotten their shots for the Pacific when the bombs fell. They knew
then they were going home alive and two years sooner. Enough said.