Old November 12th 11, 09:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

Default UK1 K9353 Vickers Wellesley 1939.jpg

"Dave Kearton" wrote in
:

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message
"Dingo" wrote in
:

"Joseph Testagrose" wrote in message

Looks more like a Fairey Battle to me ;~)

It does, but had a much longer wing span than the Battle. AIUI, the
Mk I had two canopies, producing a distinctive profile, and the Mk II
had the greenhouse canopy seen here.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

In this instance, Dingo's right, it's a Battle.

http://www.directart.co.uk/mall/airc...AircraftID=328

"Fairey Battle HA-J of No.218 Sqn is taken by surprise by the close
pass of a Bf109E over France. The squadron were based at
Auberive-sur-Suippes in 1939, and as part of the Advance Air Striking
Force of the RAF during the Battle of France, suffered heavy losses.
An aircraft carrying the codes HA-J was shot down by flak on the
afternoon of 12th May 1940. The three crew of aircraft K9353, J B
Horner, L C Flisher and L D Davies were all lost. "

So it is. I was wondering about that inline engine....