Old June 18th 04, 10:34 PM
Mike Lindsay

In article , Todd Pattist
writes
"Mal" wrote:

Purchased my own ELT
I fly with it through my parachute.

I'd like to know why anyone would buy one of these personal
units. I want mine to activate in the crash. If I'm still
conscious, I'll use the cell phone or radio. Or I can
trigger the mounted ELT manually, and even remove and carry
it. If I parachute, I'll be within the search area of even
the best ELT units. I'm really interested in the thought
process behind buying a low-power portable ELT that won't
trigger automatically. Am I missing something?
Todd Pattist - "WH" Ventus C
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)

There are some places where cell-phones wont work. And if you are down
on the deck, your radio might not reach very far.

--
Mike Lindsay