Old April 20th 05, 05:32 AM
Mike 'Flyin'8'

Default Collings Foundation B24 and B17

The Collings Foundation will be stopping by French Valley Airport 4/20
through 4/22. I can not wait to go see the planes! I was really
surprised to learn they will be coming to the local airport. This is
a first! I have seen the B17 before, but never the B24.

I am excited to go by and tour both aircraft. One of my grandfathers
was a B24 pilot in the 450th BG during WWII and the other grandfather
was a bombardier on a B17 which was shot down. (He was a resident of
Salig Luft I for 2 years) Both of the planes are very dear to me. It
is unfortunate I will not be able to go for a flight, but jest seeing
these machines will brighten my day.

Tomorrow they will be doing a few evening flights so I will be at the
airport watching these machines roar down the runway. What an awesome
sight that will be! I hope to get some good pictures to post. Stay
tuned!

Mike Alexander
PP-ASEL
Temecula, CA