Old July 21st 05, 11:25 PM
Margy

Matt Whiting wrote:
Margy wrote:

wrote:

Here in southern CT I've heard some exchanges with NY Approach (don't
recall if the acft in question was trying to get into JFK or LGA) that
just had me shaking my head. Personally I'd never fly into a Class B
airport in something slow, but I know guys that have with varying
degress of success (measured by the controller's level of
exasperation). The airspace just south of here is too damn busy to
accommodate newbies or most weekend flyers safely.
Will

I did all my primary training in a Class B and it's not the tough, but
you have to follow the rules and be flexible! I learned very early
how to bring a 172 to the numbers at 120k (yes, it can be done at full
throttle with the nose pushed over) and get off on the first high
speed. It's the folks who try to fly the approach at 60k who make
life intersting for the controllers.

Only controllers who are inept and put the 172 in line 10 miles out on
final.

Matt

This is true as 120k won't do it if you are 10 miles out (and I wouldn't
have enough altitude to maintain 120k). 120k is in the pattern.

Margy