Old June 6th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Anyone recognize this fuel cap?

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:17:56 +0000 (UTC),
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

In a previous article, "Bob Chilcoat" said:
Found on the golf course behind my house (NJ near SMQ).

http://www.geocities.com/viewptmd/P1010001.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/viewptmd/P1010002.JPG

I thought it was probably from a Cessna, but having looked on Ebay, I'm not
sure. Anyone recognize it? What aircraft? I hope he got where he was
going.

Our Cherokees have very similar caps. One time when I was a student
pilot, I went out to the flight line to find the trainer had duct tape
over the filler hole on one tank - somebody had lost the cap, and flown
home with this improvised job, and then not let the flying club know.

I remember that even though it looks like the same cap you could buy for
an old Ford tractor for $4, it cost over $80.

Speaking of tractors, maybe you should check to see if the golf course's
riding mowers use those sort of caps?

I know of a Cessna 150 with identical caps.
also for the aerodynamics purists the knob sits across the airflow.
:-)

Stealth Pilot