Old January 20th 07, 04:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Navy Wings?

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:59:00 -0800, Bill Baker
wrote:

Given the numbers you say the Navy cut, at least some of the pilots
given the chop must have been Marine sticks, right Ed?

IIRC this was a Navy RIF. I'm not sure any Marines got cut.

IIRC in the '72-'74 timeframe USN promotions to LT took a big
"nosedive." In the VP community it was particularly ugly. I also
remember that at least one year group got a second selection board (a
pretty rare occurence).

The funny thing was that by late '78 they were recalling Reservists to
fill mostly (but not exclusively) Training Command slots. They in '81
they had enough warm bodies to screw the guys they recalled. :-(

Like I say, Navy personnel management sometimes leave a lot to be
desired.

Bill Kambic
Haras Lucero, Kingston, TN
Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão