Old December 4th 06, 03:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul Elliot

Default I am alive and well...

Andrew-S wrote:

Hello Gang,
I have been away now for almost a year and to be honest and with no
disrespect intended towards anyone; I probably won't doing much more than
lurking for the foreseeable future. At any rate quite recently I received
several E-mails regarding my apparent "suicide" and felt that is was time
step out of the shadows. If nothing else to reassure those with whom I used
to correspond with on a regular basis that I am still alive. What follows
is a cut and paste, of several other people's cut and pastes. After
reading them I think you can understand why I felt the need to beam myself
back into the newsgroups.

I heard that Andrew S also known as "That Annoying Twit" put a gun in
his mouth and committed suicide a couple weeks ago is this true?"

"It really doesn't surprise me because someone said that he had some
really serious psychological problems.

"Rest in peace Andrew my old friend, I hope your last frames where the
best"

"I met Andrew a couple of time in person and he always seemed to be
hurting, I hope it's not true"

"I remember when he wrote "a guide" for a photographic newsgroup that I
used to hang out in. Totally ruined the group and caused a lot of
people to leave. I just wish he would have left the group and not shot
himself"

"Andrew always was a bit weird and I sort of expected it sooner or
later, good luck to you old buddy""

Though I am not sure which newsgroup or blog the above extractions came
from, they seem to have made the rounds because of the E-mails asking me if
I am alive.... So unless there is something I need to be made aware of
real fast I am still very much alive and well.

So here now is the reality....
Though it is true I do have some health issues of a personal nature, I have
never actively thought of "shooting my last frame". Well maybe following
an air to air photo shoot that went bad on me a couple of months ago.
However those thoughts where at best fleeting, and once I settled down my
objective and obsession became how do I make the best of a bad situation.
As for what I have been up to these days??? Outside of my real job in photo
retail I still shoot, but I now shoot for money and specialize in Law
Enforcement and Rescue Services. My website is scheduled for a rebuild as
the winter months set in so don't go there however I do operate under the
name photogs-wings. My reasons for leaving the group basically dealt with
time management, because I had (and still have) so much going that I was
burning myself out with little gain. So not without a considerable amount
of regret I chose to lose this group from my list of involvements.

Following the appearance of this on my server a brief series will follow.

Please respect my copyrights, and enjoy the series,

Andrew

Glad to hear that all is well! (relatively speaking, of course.) :-)

--
PC Paul
89 PC800

Trip pics at: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/paul1cart/albums/

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to
society" - Theodore Roosevelt