Old March 21st 10, 07:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Ken S. Tucker

Default "Vanishing American Air Superiority"

On Mar 21, 12:19 am, Peter Stickney wrote:
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:28:50 -0400, Bill Kambic wrote:
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 05:53:42 -0700 (PDT), Jack Linthicum
wrote:

Look up "Mulberry"

I know what a "Mulberry" was. I also know that they were part of a
solution. What was the rest of it?

Gooseberry, and Pluto,
Pluto was probably the most important.
It's a lot better to send fuel by pipeline than in tankers
or as break-bulk in barrels.

Let me get this straight.
The Nazi's build a pipeline to England for Sea Lion, then when the
Brits want to invade France they rent the pipeline from the Nazi's.
But Sunoco built and owns the pipeline and supplies oil to both
sides, so neither don't want to **** off Sunoco, so it's safe, and
nobody will bomb it.
I'll buy that, I think that is that SOP.
Ken