Old January 28th 13, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Janus 2-seat glider as a club glider?

On Sunday, January 27, 2013 11:48:24 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
It's not about the complexity of the aircraft, it's entirely about the
quality of the instruction.

Yep.

Reminds me of a visit to a local glider club a couple decades
back, where I watched a Janus B make several extremely firm
arrival/bounce/vigorous arrival kinda landings. I inquired as
to who was the instructor in charge, and went and offered to
shoot a few landings with the guys who seemed to be having a
lot of trouble. After my kind offer was declined, someone
came and informed me that the instructor I spoke to had
been flying those, um, arrivals, oooops...

The club then disposed of the "too difficult" aircraft...