Old May 10th 19, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ripacheco1967

Default Going back into flying the glider way

Bit surprised that the "small operation" in pensacola has been way more responsible that the "bigger outfits"

On Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 8:15:26 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 6:27:14 PM UTC-4, ripacheco1967 wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed that only the pensacola glider club answered to my emails about attempting to get my glider rating in a week of concentrated study/flying.

the clubs in jacksonville and seminole glideport must be too busy to want new pilots

Soaring operations(including some of the commercial ones) operate on a different wavelength than your typical airplane pilot mills. Takes more effort on your side. If you don't have the moxie to chase down the rating you probably aren't going to survive all the futzing about in soaring.