external usenet poster

Default sunlight readable iphone

Not stuck, Tom, only speaking from experience.Â* I will now see if I can
find someone to demonstrate one of the new Galaxies to me since I've not
seen one.Â* You are the first person to state unambiguously that your
Galaxy is sunlight readable.Â* The split screen is a wonderful capability
that's not available on the Streak.

On 9/19/2017 6:01 PM, Tom BravoMike wrote:
Same impression on my part. Dan got stuck with the Dell Streak 5 and doesn't want to hear opinions like mine, based on my experience in flight, that beginning with the Galaxy Note 4 every new edition (Note 5, Note 7, now S8, S8+ and Note 8) IS simply sun readable and getting better and better. With the split screen on S8+ I can run XCSoar and iFlyGPS or Google Maps simultaneously. What for? I like to see the geographical names of towns, rivers and lakes I am flying over, and they are not there on the generic aviation/navigation maps unless they are huge.

BTW, I wish Samsung stayed with the idea from Note 7 to have front and back light sensors. In circling, the brightness stayed the same and didn't go up/down/up/down like it does with the front sensor only. Worth keeping in mind if you ever consider importing the refurbished Note 7, supposedly being sold in Asia.

On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 4:29:57 PM UTC-5, jfitch wrote:
On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 9:19:32 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
I doubt consumer electronics will ever be suitable as a cockpit
display under a bubble canopy.Â* They're designed mainly for
teen-aged girls who sit in McDonald's and poke at them with their
thumbs all day.Â* Under those lighting conditions they're perfectly
adequate.Â* And who cares about the UI?Â* Do you want to poke at the
display during your entire flight or simply set it and forget it?

(...) Snip
Dan, 5J

Well I do care about the UI. Doesn't sound like you have tried any of the more modern phones we are talking about. Most of the software offerings in soaring - no matter what the platform - do about the same things in feature set. It is UI and presentation that differentiates.

--
Dan, 5J