Old April 5th 20, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Soaring Not Dead Everywhere

Given your email address which includes ducati, I will assume you're
from Italy.Â* You guys are having a pretty rough time and I feel sorry
for you.Â* But...Â* In the desert southwest of the USA, it is very easy to
maintain personal separation that has been deemed to be "safe" from the
virus transmission standpoint.Â* Couple that with a self launching sail
plane and I do not have to come anywhere near another person.

You will get through this and back to flying.Â* Peace.

On 4/5/2020 5:28 AM, Paul T wrote:
At 01:50 05 April 2020, Dan Marotta wrote:
I got up to 15,000' today on a 3.5 hour flight.ÂÂ* There were four private
owners flying and several flights in a Grob.ÂÂ* I don't know who was in
that ship.

And, Dan, 15K is like 9K in Florida!

On 4/4/2020 4:12 PM, wrote:
Well soaring isn’t dead everywhere. Today we got 14 flights in,

private
ships, and all three of the 1-26’s and solo flights in the club blanik.
Social distancing in order, wipe downs of the club birds and all had fun.
We didn’t need any ventilators but we did get up close to 7,000ft,

thats
thin air for us east coasters.
Dan

--
Dan, 5J

Selfish and self centred on so many levels - so much stupidity in the USA.

--
Dan, 5J