Old April 23rd 05, 03:55 PM
Matt Barrow

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
link.net...

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
link.net...

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

Does the tax on Jet-A and other fees support the airlines usages?

The passenger and fuel taxes are all mixed together. I used avgas tax
and
FSS because almost all the FSS users are flying piston engine

airplanes.
There really aren't any other fees that don't go to the airport owner.

Has anyone ever done a complete breakout of costs vs. revenue of the
air
transport system at all levels?

If you consider that most of the system exists for the airlines, with

GA
as
an incremental user then the airlines are getting a pretty good deal.

Considering the spartan facilities GA uses, compared to the regal
infrastructure the airlines require, GA is dirt cheap.

Not really if you consider that most airports exist soley for GA.

I'd bet that Denver Intl (Frederico Pena's monument to himself) cost as much
as the rest of GA airports combined

The
taxes on GA don't cover the services and facilities that GA uses

exclusively

I don't think that any of them were during the enroute phase of flight.

It doesn't say.