Old August 9th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Another YouTube video

1. I agree with Bob's comment on the promise and delivery. Many
don't walk the talk.
2. I thought the narrative was very good. However, I could have done
with one, at the most, two launches and fly-bys. The touted
'experience' is weakly demonstrated as there are no in-flight
inspirational shots which should include perhaps a gaggle, a cruise,
and perhaps some wave moments, cloudbase, a ridge run, or even a
training shot, which could have replaced the clearly mundane (note
that video trickery was used instead). IOW, it's not as memorable as
it could be.
3. This type of promotional video doesn't have to be a lonely
effort. The Hines' have shown an interest, many more are interested,
why not put together a collected effort to gather some great snippets
that express what is being said and have another poke or three at it?
I'd recommend gaggling in the SSA Publicity Committee and starting a
media working group and getting a storyboard going.

Frank Whiteley

On Aug 9, 2:00 pm, RL wrote:
This is a very well done promotional video. It does remind me,
however, that we project an image of soaring that in the U.S. that
will go largely unfilled. The promise is aviating in a fine looking
modern sailplane as illustrated. The reality is, that in more cases
than not, we will stuff a student in some 40-year old claptrap 2-33
and try to convince them there is a relationship to the image in the
video. I like the video, the bigger question for the growth of
soaring is do we actually deliver on the promise?

Bob

On Aug 9, 3:16?pm, wrote:

On Aug 9, 2:12 pm, "
wrote:

Click on this You Tube link. Nice video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgvVA5jXO2E

Lloyd Smith

I saw that the main video on avweb.com today was of a 1-26 flying
ridge, nice exposure.