Old May 9th 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Which PDA ?

wrote:

I have 2 X 4700s running SeeYou Mobile and GN11. One is running WM6
and the other Mobile 2003. I experimented with running them side by
side with simultaneous inputs etc and can find no difference at all in
speed.

A very negative feature of WM6 for me is that it has no Backup/Restore
facility which took me by surprise but I avoid flat battery data loss
by running as much as possible off the cards.

With SeeYou Mobile (don't confuse it with Windows Mobile!), you can run
entirely off the card. If you battery goes flat, reconnect to power,
stick the card in, and you're up and running.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* Updated! "Transponders in Sailplanes"
http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* New Jan '08 - sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org