Old May 9th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Which PDA ?

wrote:
On May 8, 12:28 pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
brianDG303 wrote:
Something I've noticed is that the screens can be hard to read in
bright sunlight with dark gray sunglasses and much easier with those
amber sunglasses.

I use "aviation" sunglasses that have an untinted bottom quarter, which
improves the visibility of the PDA a lot. While they aren't prescription
glasses, they do have a "bifocal" portion at the bottom that lets me
focus perfectly on the PDA.

What brand and model are your sunglasses?

I believe this is where I've ordered a couple pairs (search for R424 at
the site):

http://www.eyesave.com/_pgid_1__index.aspx

I've bought a couple elsewhere to use in my car and motorhome, so I can
see the TomTom gps better, and they all seem the same. Search for
"sunreaders" and you'll find more options. Amazon.com has a lot of
listings, too.

They also make "no-line" sunreaders, but I haven't tried them.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* Updated! "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* New Jan '08 - sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org