Old July 22nd 18, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Dream Panel

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 9:39:17 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 9:56:03 AM UTC-5, 2G wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 5:00:41 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Le mardi 17 juillet 2018 21:02:53 UTC-4, 2G a écritÂ*:
As you may already know, I am ordering a new ASH31Mi. I am in the process of coming up with the panel layout and instrument selection. I would love to here from other pilots what they consider to be their dream panel (cost is not an issue).
Tom

Hi
So the dream panel include a lot of air avionic product.

Looking at the last 3 sailplane GP participant equipement it include mostly of LX Nav,a few LX Navigation and a few of all the other including Air glide product in their panel.
I wonder why?
Gilles

Yes, it seems that the bulk of innovation is coming out of two companies!

I am looking for a digital ASI and found this one from, guess who, LX NAV:
http://www.aeroexpo.online/prod/lx-n...1396-3693.html

The only distributor listed for the US is Cumulus Soaring, but Paul does not carry this product. Does anyone have any experience with this ASI and knows where to buy it (Europe is ok)?

Tom

Tom, you should seriously look at the Garmin G5 to replace a slew of instruments:
http://www.chiefaircraft.com/gmn-010...hoCo0MQAvD_BwE
Much cheaper than the others discussed and it includes an attitude indicator (plus ALT, ASI, Heading and vert. speed uncomp.). With a good backup battery, that thing would save you a lot of panel space.
Herb, J7

Herb,

Good call; this is an approach I haven't considered. The G5, after much search, has a pretty decent power consumption (200mA).

Tom