Old October 16th 20, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

Default FES climb rate question.

Take-off performance looks impressive. I was surprised by the amount of noise - sounded not unlike a petrol engined aircraft as it passed the camera, although presumably it is actually much less loud.

Any idea what the endurance is of that aircraft?

As the owner of a petrol self-launcher, I like to know that I have enough endurance for a launch to 2,100 feet (700 m), a relight if necessary, and a reasonable self-retrieve later if necessary. I will stick to petrol until batteries can cope with at least that.