Old March 1st 09, 07:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ka-6CR and E Canopy Mods.

On Feb 28, 6:25*pm, vontresc wrote:
On Feb 28, 4:45*pm, Robert Buck wrote:

Is anyone familiar where to find plans or kits or otherwise of the
"Swiss" canopy modification, (bigger canopy with wider base), for the
Ka-6CR? *Also, same for the "Cabrio" (open cockpit), canopy's for the
CR and E? *Many thanks for any assistance in finding such...our location
is in the United States, the State of Vermont.

Rob Buck

I own a Cr, and I was looking into the possibility of the open canopy
mod. There is a TM available from Schleicher that outlines the process
of building the open canopy. Unfortunately the TM-23 is in German.

http://www.alexander-schleicher.de/tm/06/060_TM23_D.pdf

The gist of the TM is that you build a canopy frame from the plans
(which are not available in the online version), and you need to close
off the rest of the fuselage when using the open canopy.

Peter

Peter, allow me to introduce Rob Buck. Rob... Peter.

Pete, Rob is a long time friend of Burt and has flown at Marfa many
times.

Rob, I helped Peter find his K6 and recently joined him in Marfa for a
week of training and fun with Burt.

I hope you guys can help each other out with this project and I look
forward to sharing a flight, a drink, and a great evening of talk with
you sometime hopefully in Marfa but anywhere will do!

Matt Michael