Old July 24th 03, 10:16 PM
Ray Lovinggood

Default CG hook & Low Tow

Sounds like some of you do 'low tow' position with
a CG hook. I've done the 'low tow' only with nose
hooks (Schweizer 2-33, 1-26, and Blanik L-13) and wondered
what happens when flying a ship with a CG hook.

What happens?

Can the tow rope scratch the bottom of the ship?
Can the upward pull on the rope try to pull the nose
up?

Anything else?

It seems a little strange to be in the low tow position
with a CG hook. I think before releasing, it would
be prudent to move to high tow, to keep the Tost ring
from having a chance of slapping back at the canopy,
or at least look like it is coming at the canopy and
frightening the daylights out of me.

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA