Old September 30th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
houstondan

Default cost to install engine analyzer (4 cyl)?

i've talked it over with my avionics shop and my general a&p and i'm
budgeting about $3000 turn-key with gas totalizer. that's 6 cylinders.

dan
Blanche Cohen wrote:
contact either EI or JPI, they can provide reasonable estimates for
labor time. this assumes, of course, that the person(s) doing the
installation are not using your aircraft as a learning experience.
Once you have the estimated hours, X $your shop cost = somewhat of
a reasonable $$ dollar estimate.

Also, check with a couple, three shops in your area (if there are
that many) for their estimate and familiarity with installing
an engine analyzer.