Old February 25th 20, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Andy McQuigg

Most of my EA quotes can't be repeated here. And my memory of the one that can is imperfect. Maybe someone can help me out:

"There are only three things I'm afraid of:
2. My ex-wife's lawyer.
3. A PIK in the rain."

I met Andy in the 70s at the old August Cordele regional. I thought it was funny that this adult was behaving so much like one of my fraternity brothers. Fortunately or unfortunately, Andy never "grew up". I think the last time I saw him was at the 2008 Cordele Nats when he was CD. He wasn't well then. Very sorry to hear he's gone. Life was always a little more interesting when he was at a contest.

Chip Bearden
JB