Old November 20th 03, 05:32 PM
Ron Natalie

"karl gruber" wrote in message ...
I've been searching "Google" to find information on jet takeoff and landing
performance. I've searched AOPA and NBA, but can't find what I want. I'm
looking for a good dissertation on V1, V2, VR, BFL, second segment climb,
etc.

V1 is the take off decision speed. If you lose an engine below this speed, you shutdown
and stop on the runway. If you lose it after you attain this speed, you continue on the
remaining engine(s). Vr is the rotate speed, where you normally would lift the nose
on takeoff. V2 is the takeoff safetly speed, the (initial) climbout speed if you've lost an engine.
It varies from there depending on the aicraft, after reaching a given speed (usually something
like V2+10 knots or something), there are procedures for raising flaps, etc... and new speeds
to go with them.