Old December 30th 11, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

Default First Visit to Minden questions

On 12/30/2011 3:34 PM, Gary Ittner wrote:
wrote in message
Aaron,

You probably know this, but on the off chance you don't understand why
the previous two posters were stressing driving in snow in the Sierras
to someone raised in ski country back East, google the Donner Party.

John, I abhor the implication that California is a haven for cannibalism. It
is well known that we now have the problem relatively under control.

P7 unit

California has company.

Colorado has its own fine tradition of 19th century cannibalism, although not
without diversionary controversy: Alfred G. "Alferd" Packer.

With fine undergraduate sensibilities, CU's campus cafeteria has long been
named the "Alferd G. Packer Memorial Grill". (Motto: "Have a friend for
lunch!") Minor research may prove illuminatory...