Old December 31st 11, 01:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default First Visit to Minden questions

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 16:33:47 -0800, akiley wrote:

On Dec 30, 7:16Â*pm, Martin Gregorie
wrote:
My favourite song about that subject is "The Reluctant Cannibal" by
Michael Flanders and Donald Swann.

Unbelievable, never heard that but it was available on YouTube. Now I
know where Derek and Clive came from, one of my favorites.

Derek & Clyde were distinctly rough trade compared with Flanders & Swann.
They were (imitating) drunk proles where F&S were clever song writers and
performers. Think PDQ Bach, Victor Borge and Allan Sherman for
equivalents on your side of the Pond.

Flanders & Swann were famous in the late 50s/early 60s. Best known song,
which you may know, was "Hippopotamus" (with the "Mud, mud, glorious mud"
chorus). If you want more, look for the "At The Drop of a Hat" album.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK