Old September 16th 03, 11:59 PM
Dave Nadler \YO\

Sorry, but the comment "Actually, the great majority of contest pilots
NEVER find themselves in that situation." is just plain wrong. Most
of the guys I fly with have been there more than once, in many seasons.
Not to mention me. If you are trying to go fast and/or you fly in weak
weather, you WILL find yourself in this situation.
Best Regards, Dave

"BMacLean" wrote in message
I find it very offensive the way you use scare tactics and play on

people's
emotions to get this rule voted in. This post will succeed in

discouraging
new contest pilots. I take great exception with your paragraph that

starts
"Why? Sooner or later, you will find yourself in that awful situation."
Actually, the great majority of contest pilots NEVER find themselves in

that
situation. Ever. If this has been a problem for you, I think you need to
rethink your strategies.

Barb MacLean