Old July 8th 04, 04:40 PM
David Norinsky

Jeremy,

Crystal Aire (Great Western Soaring -
http://www.greatwesternsoaring.com/index.htm) is a great place to soar all
year long.
I moved here from Phoenix and used to fly out of Tuscon - I though that
place was great. The conditions at Crystal are fantastic and, even in the
winter months you can soar for 2-3 hours many days.
With a 1 1/2 hr drive you will be able to go thermal/ridge/wave soaring
(weather dependant) in a most beautiful place....you won't be disappointed!!
Also, the crew out there is a great group of people.

Have fun,

Dave Norinsky

"Jeremy Zawodny" wrote in message
I'm going to be in Pasadena later this month on business and would like
to take a day off to fly. I've poked around the SSA and Region 12 sites
a bit and it seems like there are a number of options within a 1.5 hour
(or so) drive.

Before I start contacting all of 'em, does anyone here have personal
recommendations for sites that'll rent a decent glider to a visiting
pilot for the day (probably a Friday)? Are there some sites that are
much better this time of year?

Thanks!

Jeremy