Old May 15th 05, 05:36 PM
Gary Drescher

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Gary,

Why do you disparage the student-pilot passenger?

Because he didn't intervene earlier. Seems obvious...

What evidence is there as to what he did or didn't do?

For all we know, he might simply have been taking a nap when the flight
began. There'd be nothing improper about that. He was a non-pilot passenger.

Or for all we know, he might have been making correct navigational
suggestions that the PIC didn't heed.

Or even if the passenger tried to help navigate but was just as lost as the
PIC, that wouldn't necessarily speak poorly of his progress as a student
pilot. Had he already been endorsed for solo cross-country flights? If not,
there should be no expectation that his current training enables him to
navigate reliably.

--Gary