Old September 23rd 12, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Which sustainer system would you chose for your sailplane?

On 9/23/2012 10:07 AM, wrote:
Your comments are appreciated, but I can not do such a table as it
could be biased. Such comparison table would become probbably too
complicated as there are too many factors which need to be taken in
account to have fair comparison. Actually I would like to see the
result with existing knowledge of pilots. Just too see in which way
pilots are thinking...

This survey is not a sales pitch, and people will not choose what to buy
based on what's in the table. It's to your advantage to keep the table
as realistic as possible, so you have an idea of what the pilots really
want.

If people do not understand the tradeoffs between the three methods,
they will vote for something that they will not want to buy. At the very
least, the choices should include weight, gliding performance penalty,
retrieve distance, and purchase cost. Adequate numbers are available for
these attributes. A range of values could be shown, if a single value
isn't good enough.

email me)