Old January 30th 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cats

Default Wing Tape - Does Thickness Affect Performance?

On Jan 26, 3:49 am, "ContestID67" wrote:
Someone please explain to me the inner workings and psychology of
network news such that it always seems to take a posting on a simple
topic (like gap tape) and then quickly morphs it into some quite far
afield...usually involving a male body part. Strange indeed.

I think it's something to do with most men being totally obsessed with
that part of their anatomy although my view is that they are rather
like bald heads - although each one is clearly different, the
similarities are much greater than the differences.

The really strange thing about it is that here in Scotland at this
time of year, wave flying is often so cold that I would have thought
taking a pee was almost impossible. Firstly there is the nice warm
flying suit that needs unzipping. Then the cold air hits the
equipment which promptly shrinks back to the warmth of the body.
Fumbled manual attempts to retrieve the situation merely cool the
instrument further until whatever it's normal state it resembles
something not much larger than a dimple. Well that's what I imagine
happening, but then I don't have said instrument.