Old July 19th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Ed Rasimus[_1_]

Default Climbing on board a fighter

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 05:38:57 GMT, Dave wrote:

I used to work at OMD in B'wick ('70 - '73), and helped many an aircrew
load lobsters, into everything from a C-118 with no seats, to an A-37
Tweet.

Dave in San Diego

While I was serving in purgatory (Willie Air Patch flogging a T-37
with UPT students--a reward for my F-105 tour), we often would take a
Tweet on a Friday afternoon out-and-back to Navy North Island.

Hop on the ferry (AKA "nickel-snatcher") because this was before the
Coronado Bridge and hit the fish market. Pack up some fresh seafood in
a styrofoam box with dry ice and RTB to Willie in time for a nice
evening fish-fry and drink-a-thon.

Junior guy got to ride in the right seat with the box on his lap.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org