Old September 11th 04, 08:29 PM
jls

Doesn't matter. We can just ignore the Constitution or declare it to

mean
something other than what it clearly states.

Which is just about wtf it has become -- a constitutional republic in name
only and in which the leaders have no inkling of the meaning of the
Constitution or the Federalist Papers. In 20 years I have watched in alarm
as courts redefined basic terms of law to mean something entirely different
from the definition intended. Both the left and right wing courts and
politicians are very clever and adept at it.

That's the reason why the creep flight surgeon who has made out the farcical
papers we have to sign to apply for our medicals has required us to say
whether we've been convicted of affray at 15 or joyriding at 17, or had to
attend driving school to get points off our driver licenses. And yes, the
Patriot Act is a misnomer. It's more appropriately called the Jackboot
Act.