Old June 30th 05, 04:58 PM
jonnyboy

Mike Schumann wrote:
It is not obvious to me, why, in a cable break scenario, you would be close
to stalling when you push the nose down to a normal attitude while you
maintain 60 knot airspeed. This sounds like you are flying significantly
above stall speed. Could you elaborate?

Thanks,
Mike Schumann

Mike;
I don't think Chris means he maintain 60 knots.
Starts at 60 knots, but with the nose up speed decays.....
Push the nose over to an *attitude* that in normal flight would give
around 60 knots and the trap is set....

Real speed is ~ Vs (say 40k) but attitude is good and she IS flying
(as G 1)

once the G reverts to 1 you either have a good angle of attack/speed
and you are flying
or you don't and you arent.

thats my take - Vs increases in a tight turn as g1.
so... when G1 (bunt/top of loop etc.) Vs *reduces*

;-) Jonny.