Old May 18th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default Avgas availability

"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote in message
"Matt Barrow" wrote:
"kontiki" wrote in message
Matt Whiting wrote:

Anyone seeing any avgas shortages? I just learned that a local airport
(7N1) is out of gas. The FBO has a 10,000 gallon tank and ordered fuel
back in February and still hasn't received it. He ran out yesterday...

Matt

No, but I've been hearing reports that supply is very tight. The reasons
of course are this country's complete failure to improve infastructure
or explore for more supply of an important commodity.

Oh, they know where it is (Continental shelf, ANWR, etc.), so exploration
is
rather worthless.

Do you know what the know proven reserves in ANWR are?
ZERO barrels. None, nada, zip.

Got a cite for that?

[Rest of blather snipped]