Old November 12th 04, 07:46 PM
Ron Natalie

Dick wrote:
Nosegear failed during taxi and had a wooden prop strike on pavement. prop
is toast but wondering about the old C-85. consensus is leaning towards
everything okay if no vibration and tracks true upon startup of new,
balanced prop.

Continental will tell you that any prop strike requires an engine
tear-down. (Lycoming will give the same story). My insurance
company didn't even bat an eye when I submitted the bill for my
(wasn't even an engine stoppage, the tips just scuffed a tiny bit
as the airplane slid off the runway after the tire blew).

On a sudden stoppage, I would certainly heed this advice. I don't
know anybody fool enough to believe that there might not be internal
damage.