Old April 29th 20, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider from Canada

On Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 11:39:13 AM UTC-4, Terry Pitts wrote:
All,

There is an L33 on Wings and Wheels that interests me. It is in Ottawa.

I'd like to have a mechanic look at it for me. Do you know of anyone in the Vermont, New Hampshire, or close part(s) of New York who you would recommend?

I know I'll need an export certificate of airworthiness. I know I'll need an annual. I know I'll need to get an N-number. I know I'll need to get the FAA or a DAR for an airworthiness certificate.

What I don't know:

Where do I get a certificate(?) for the factory trailer for the DOT?

What customs form(s) do I need?

The "I know..." items above came from searching RAS. I'm pretty sure I've previously seen the others, but now can't find them.

Advice is always welcome. Thanks!

Terry

You will also need a letter of removal from registration. This has to be sent directly from Transport Canada to the FAA Aircraft Registry.
UH