Old August 23rd 19, 09:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Bumper Miracle Slide

On Thursday, August 22, 2019 at 6:41:22 PM UTC-7, wrote:
but a squirt of Tri Flow Superior (bicycle chain lube also specified for certain rotor heads) does a pretty good job.

Also attracts and holds dirt. If you live in a gritty environment (i.e. Moriarty, NM) you learn to minimize the sticky stuff. Bumper's nylon rail guides do not gum up with abrasive residue.

Thanks for the reports on the SRS (Smooth Ramp Slider). In my quest to find more free time, I sold rights to the SRS, along with the MKIV yaw string and Quiet Vent, to Wings & Wheels.

BTW the SRS plastic slider is made of UHMW-PE, a long chain polymer has some unique properties, being almost as slippery as Teflon, yet is about the toughest most abrasion resistant plastic available. A one inch thick piece is said to stop a 45 ACP bullet. Should outlast the trailer - unless you spend your weekends sliding the ramp in and out. It is a "smile" after years of the Cobra ramp grind. :c)