Old February 22nd 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rich Ahrens

Default Check Six!

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
If y'all ever make it to Bellingham, Washington, there's the American Museum of
Radio and Electricity. Basically, two ex-Microsofties who liked to collect old
electronics set up a museum. Absolutely great place if you like old technology
(and who doesn't :-).

http://www.amre.us/site/index.html

And if you ever make it to the Twin Cities, check out the Pavek Museum
of Broadcasting:

http://www.pavekmuseum.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavek_M...f_Broadcasting

Anyway, on one of my visits, they actually cranked up a Victrola for us.

I was floored. Not only was that beast LOUD, the quality was surprising good,
too. Oh, of course, not as good as something from the '50s or so, of course.
But for NO electronics, just a wiggling needle and a really, REALLY big horn, it
did pretty well.

Thought I saw BOb's initials scratched on the bottom... :-)

With the Bowie knife he bought directly from James Black, no doubt.