Old October 25th 03, 01:31 AM
Wizard of Draws

Cecil E. Chapman wrote:

I hope ya brought your 'water wings' GRIN

Glad to hear that you could come out to California! I've lived here
(Northern Calif) almost all my life and never get tired of the weather. The
only exception would be the shortage of IMC weather (with a few exceptions)
on my IFR lesson days.

I've never been/flown to Catalina but I have some flying friends who have
and it is quite an adventure - including the approach to the runway on the
island grin

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

As we climbed in, the instructor threw a life vest in the back for my
wife, looked at me and said, "You look like a good swimmer."

I wasn't worried. There's plenty of traffic in the channel and I had a
lot of confidence in the plane after going over it in preflight with a
pretty jaundiced eye since I'd never seen it before.

I was born in Northern Califonia (Carmel) and spent my teen years in
Southern California, so that wasn't the first time I've been there. I've
camped and snorkled at Catalina many times. I do miss the weather and
the beach.
Looks like I might have an actual IFR lesson this Sunday.
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

"Cartoons with a Touch of Magic"
http://www.wizardofdraws.com