Old August 5th 04, 12:20 PM
Judah

Default Palm.net is Shutting Down

But you can't get a Cell Internet connection at 10,000'!

Palm.Net connections at 10,000 were not bad in many areas...

(PaulH) wrote in
om:

Judah wrote in message
. ..
What a tragedy!

Marketed properly, I have to believe this would have been profitable.

Anyone know of any low-cost alternatives to cockpit WX?

I've seen posts on other groups that the new cell phones have Internet
access, which is where all the data is located "free". But nexrad is
one of the most valuable and internet data may not be totally current
or sufficiently detailed to figure out where the weather is in
relation to where you are. Bigger screens help, such as the new Palm
Treo cell/pda but a $600 cell phone is hardly a low cost option.