Old August 16th 13, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Naviter Oudie 3

Hi,

Yes. You can disable the vario in the Oudie 3 for use in a sailplane.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

"K" wrote in message

On Friday, August 16, 2013 1:58:16 PM UTC-6, Paul Remde wrote:

The GPS engine in the Oudie 3 is the same very powerful GPS used in the

LXNAV Nano. So it should pass any tests with flying colors.

Paul, Thanks. This is what I thought. It sounds like any approval issues
would involve security more than anything else. I think this and the 12.5 hr
battery might be worth a look at upgrading IF you can shut off the vario for
sailplane use.