Old October 29th 08, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
DRN

Default SeeYou Mobile with SN10B data

On Oct 28, 9:31*pm, Darryl Ramm wrote:

.... Folks who like the
SN-10 really seem to love it, but I've had frustrating experience with
SN-10 in rental gliders like the trying to edit an active task - all
driven by completely not knowing what I was doing. The ability to
bring my "world" with me all loaded up on a PDA in my own glider or in
a rental glider is a big plus. The inability to take the SN-10 home
and play with it and get it all configured etc. was an issue for me...

If you need to practice, run the SN10 demo program on your PC.
The time to set up an SN10 for a specific site and task is
EXTREMELY short, with even the tiniest bit of practice...

...My (sketchy)
understanding is that the SN10 can speak extended sentences with
calculated wind data but I'm not sure SeeYou Mobile will do anything
with that. I don't think the SN10 transmits TAS data that SeeYou
Mobile would use to improve it's own internal wind calculations.
...But if the
SN-10 is not transmitting TAS data maybe SeeYou does use the SN-10
wind. Paging Dave Nadler...

The SN10 wind calculation is transmitted to the PDA.
The PDA has no need for ASI.
See:
http://www.nadler.com/sn10/sn10_pda_support.html

I expect (hope?) the Naviter guys would primarily want to do their own
wind calculations using TAS data from external devices.

Why ? When the SN10 already has the best wind measurement available ?

...I have no idea...

See ya, Dave