Old August 3rd 05, 08:16 PM
Stefan

Ruud wrote:

If you want to buy a club work horse, the DG1000 is a good option.

If you like a real race horse for long X-country flights, you better
buy a Duo.

Things I hate about the Duo:

The cockpit is a joke. Despite it's roomy as my saloon, there's no way
to carry even a simple water bottle without permanently fearing that it
will slip under the seat and jam some controls. Besides, I hate the
smell of my co-pilot's feet.

The spoilers are a joke for such a heavy glider. I have done outlandings
at fields which I wouldn't want to try in a Duo.

I forces me to abandon a good thermal at cloud base, when the cloud
above indicates that there are still 2000 metres of good climb, which
would allow me to cross that blue hole in front of me.

And, probably the most annoying thing: I'm not allowed to do that
occasional loop, just for fun, during a cross country flight.

The DG 1000 my club has ordered will be delivered only next spring, so I
don't know yet what I'll hate about that one. :-)

Stefan