Old April 3rd 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default Idiot Pilot Runs Out of Gas - Lands Cessna on I-81 - CAN'T BE CHARGED!!

"Tina" wrote in message
The state cops could file all kinds of charges -- no plate, no
inspection sticker, blocking traffic, the list goes on and on. All
charges are of course optional.

The real issue is, what actions will the FAA take. If the fuel
exhaustion was an unforced error on the part of the PIC, it should be
worth a few square inches of his hide, or his wallet.

Is there some rule against stupidity, or do we depend on Darwin to
take care of that?

If he ran out of fuel on his first solo, I would think the FAA would be
looking for his CFI.