Old August 15th 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Default Consequence of shifting carry-on luggage to checked luggage foraircraft weight

Jim Macklin wrote:
Yes, you are required to be the only person with a key. You
must declare the firearm at check-in, state that it is
unloaded and you have the only key for the bag or case.
They give you a ticket to put inside the bag as proof you
did declared the firearm.

You can carry a small quantity of ammunition, 10 pounds in
most cases, packed in secure manner, that includes factory
boxes. Each airline has "company rules" but the FAA allows
the carriage of legal firearms and the BATF rules allow
transport as long as your destination is a place where the
firearm is legal for you to possess. If your flight goes
through NYC or Boston, your destination had better be New
Hampshire or Vermont.

Too bad a lot of my commercial flights are into ORD. I thought you'd
found a way for the TSA to stop stealing my suff.