Old May 22nd 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Gladiators of the Sky DVD

Hi,

The first batch was in PAL format. I complained strongly about this issue
and they are now producing NTSC versions which will be avaiable soon. I have
a bunch of the PAL ones in stock but I plan to return them. Some newer USA
DVD players can play them, but most cannot.

It is a very good video.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde

Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
Now serving the soaring community full time.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com
1-952-445-9033

"Bruce Hoult" wrote in message
In article . net,
Kernow wrote:

I'm surprised that the SSA is selling a DVD with Aus/NZ region 4 coding.
John Roake is selling the Aus/NZ version. SSA should be selling
region 1 version.

Don't blame the TV formatting system, PAL/NTSC/SECAM, but the greed of
the movie makers who wish to prevent me buying cheap DVD movies in the
US and shipping them to friends and family in the UK and Asia.
Fortunately they have deregionalised DVD players, so their game doesn't
work with me.

Gladiators of the Sky is outstanding. I ordered mine from John Roake
and it is region 4, so it doesn't play on my very expensive Sony player,
but just fine on my deregionalised unit and my various computers.

I'm very surprised to hear that. The copy I purchased at Warbirds Over
Wanaka at Easter is not region coded at all (i.e. is region 0, playable
on anything). It would surprise me if either John's or the SSA's copies
are region coded.

--
Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-