Old February 22nd 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default Time to medical help

Stubby wrote:
"Sam Spade" wrote in message

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
When they started putting that stuff in the kit we were told that the
restricted part of the kit could only be opened by an MD or DO. So, if
there wasn't one of those two on board, no use allowed.

It sounds like a Monty Python skit. I start gasping and explain that my
throat is closing up because I at some shrimp for lunch. They say there is
no MD on board so nobody can administer the Epi-pen. "I'll do it myself.
Please pass the pen!" Sorry, you're not a doctor. We can't do that.
But I'm dying! That is too bad, maybe we can give you a discount coupon for
the inconvenience. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Whatever.

Why would you travel without a medication for a known life-threatening
condition?

It isn't exactly an unexpected heart attack.