Old March 29th 05, 06:24 AM

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 03:34:59 GMT, "Gene Whitt"
wrote:

Y'All,
Not too manyyears ago I was privileged to do the ILS installation flight at
Salinas, CA. Spent the better part of the day on the jump seat of a DC-3
with a break for lunch. Most of the flight was at 110 mph below 1500 feet.

FYI, I was told they still have a flying DC-3...for exhibition only.
Would be interesting to know where it's going to be next...

N87 (the Challanger 601) was still at CLE today...maybe I can bum a
second ride later this week...??

--Don
Don Byrer
Electronics Technician/Friendly but Sarcastic Pilot
FAA Airways Facilites/Tech Ops, RADAR/Data/Comm @ CLE
Amateur Radio KJ5KB
Instrument Pilot Commercial Student
PP-ASEL 30 Jan 2005 "-IA" 25 Mar 2005