Old January 10th 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BrianHood

Default Club Glider Hangar?

It's very interesting that your club members will buy and assemble
their own gliders, but not the club gliders. Do the club gliders have
other restrictions, like "you can only fly it for an hour" or "you
can't fly it cross country?" If so, the fact that members are willing
to assemble their own gliders suggests that removing these
restrictions is the key to getting more usage.

The Private gliders tend to either be very light and easy to rig or
come with Cora trailers and rigging aids. They usually have automatic
hook-ups as well. The problem is as much in the trailer and support
gear as the glider. I'm in the same club as Noel, who started this
thread, am working hard to help get things in high gear, and think a
hanger is very important. But I won't need to keep my DG303 in it.

Thanks for all the input. Really helpfull.

Brian